Like everyone said, it’s been a rough couple of days for Marvel and Disney fans. Just in case are barely reading this, it was announced by Disney and Sony that Sony was planning to remove Spider-Man from the MCU films because of a disagreement of a financial deal. The deal was to let Sony Spider-Man be part of the Disney movies involving characters such as Iron Man and the other Avengers. The money Sony made would also give a percentage to Disney and give them permission for merchandising. However, after the success of Spider-Man: Far From Home, Disney later on wants to change this deal where they get 50/50 of money from Sony. This led to dispute where have been caught in the middle. To picture this situation, Sony and Disney are filing a divorce and Sony is going to take Spider-Man back.
Now, we are getting confirmation from Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige and even actor Tom Holland that Spider-Man is leaving Disney.
In a interview with with EW, Spider-Man actor Tom Holland finally talks about his feelings about this news and the future:
“Basically, we’ve made five great movies. It’s been five amazing years. I’ve had the time of my life. Who knows what the future holds? But all I know is that I’m going to continue playing Spider-Man and having the time of my life. It’s going to be so fun, however we choose to do it. The future for Spider-Man will be different, but it will be equally as awesome and amazing, and we’ll find new ways to make it even cooler.”
Kevin Feige also got something to say about this as well:
“We got to make five films within the MCU with Spider-Man: two standalone films and three with the Avengers. It was a dream that I never thought would happen. It was never meant to last forever. We knew there was a finite amount of time that we’d be able to do this, and we told the story we wanted to tell, and I’ll always be thankful for that.”
Here is some Spider-Man facts:
- Spider-Man jumped into the MCU world starting in 2016’s Captain America’s Civil War movie.
- In 2017, Spider-Man got his solo movie in Spider-Man: Homecoming. It had Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man/Tony Stark, Happy as John Favreau and it had Michael Keaton as Vulture.
- Spider-Man appeared again in the biggest crossover movie Avengers: Infinity War where he teamed up with Iron Man along with members of the Guardians of the Galaxy and Dr. Strange.
- In 2019, he was back in action in Avengers: Endgame.
- Same year, he got a sequel to his solo movie called Spider-Man: Far From Home. It featured Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury and it introduced the character Mysterio who is played by Jake Gyllenhaal.