Marvel is not just popular in America, but it’s also very popular all over the world. Announced yesterday, Shueisha announced that Japanese fans who has the Shonen Jump + app will be able to read manga shorts of various Marvel characters starting Sept 4th. Here is the schedule for these shorts:
- September 4: “SECRET REVERSE” Part 1 (Iron Man, Spider-Man) by Kazuki Takahashi (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
- September 14: “Gag Reel” (Avengers) by Hachi Mizuno (Akuten Wars)
- October 2: “Interview with Heroes” (Avengers) by Ken Ogino (Lady Justice)
- October 16: “Samurai” (Deadpool) by Sanshiro Kasama and Hikaru Uesugi (Tsugihagi Quest)
- October 30: “Halloween Avengers” (Avengers) by mato (Darling in the Franxx four-panel comedy spin-off)
- November 13: “Antman+” (Antman) by Toyotaka Haneda (Vocchi-men)
- November 27: “SECRET REVERSE” Part 2 by Kazuki Takahashi
The first short coming out will be drawn by Yu-Gi-Oh! manga author Kazuki Takahashi and it will feature an adventure with Spider-Man and Iron Man.
Unfortunately, this is going for residents in Japan. There is no confirmation of America getting these Marvel manga shorts.
First one is up on the site. Full-color — awesome! But no furigana, unfortunately. Still pretty cool to look at.
It does look cool. It’s ashame we’re not getting through the actual Shonen Jump site.