For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
3. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4. perseverance, character; and character, hope.
For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him,
9. If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
10. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
11. As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.
9. that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
10 As it is written:
“There is no one righteous, not even one;
11 there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God.
12 All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one.”
For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.
So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me.